This week, we’re diving into heart disease, a critical topic for all women especially PCOS women.
Heart disease is a primary killer of both women and men. It affects many people each year. And modern medicine does not address prevention but instead treatment of disease.
That’s why I wanted to bring in a guest expert on cardiovascular disease, Dr. Nicole Harkin. She founded Whole Heart Cardiology to provide patient-centered cardiac care, evidence-based nutritional guidance, and personalized lifestyle plans for her patients in a modern setting. She takes pride in helping patients achieve their goals, feel better, and thrive. She is licensed to see patients in California, New York, and Florida.
In this episode, I interview Dr. Nicole Harkin, a preventative cardiologist.
- What is preventative cardiology?
- How do you know if you are developing heart disease?
- The Heart disease and PCOS connection.
- Evidenced-based tips that include nutrition, lifestyle and medications that help prevent heart disease and diabetes. (She gives us great tips to do now)
- BMI vs. waist circumference (here is a link to a great article for waist circumference)
- Even if you are in your 20's, you should start now.
Great Resource: Preventative Cardiology at Cleveland Clinic
This episode is brought to you by:
Well Woman MD: Integrative Women's Health And Fertility. Welcome to Well Woman MD, a modern integrative medicine practice that allows your doctor to be your partner.
- Direct access to your doctor
- A collaborative team of doctors and nutritionists using comprehensive lab testing is unavailable in your standard Drs office.
Whole Heart Cardiology, Dr. Nicole Harkin
Ready to gain Freedom From PCOS?
PCOS Symptoms can be difficult to manage, and for many, an actual PCOS diagnosis can take up to two years and as many as three different doctors.
When you experience Integrative Medicine at Well Woman MD, we'll listen to your concerns and provide you with solutions to heal your body, not merely mask symptoms.
Whether your goal is hormone balance, becoming pregnant, or better health overall, your Well Woman MD team will help you manage PCOS in the best way for you.
Learn more about what to expect with integrative women's health.
1. What is preventative cardiology?